Dr Organic Manuka Honey Face Scrub


Dr Organic is a large skincare line which can be found on the high street at Holland & Barrett.  I have been looking at the range for months and months but never took the plunge into making a purchase.

The brand contains no harsh chemicals and all products are suitable for vegetarians (some are vegan friendly).  You will find a variety of skin care items within the following ranges - Aloe Vera, Pomegranate, Tea Tree, Vitamin E, Lavender, Virgin Olive Oil, Royal Jelly, Rose Otto & Manuka Honey.

I had been looking for a natural face scrub/exfoliator for quite some time.  Even though I have sensitive skin I like to use a face scrub so I can eliminate flaky dry patches.   It is important that the scub is very gentle in order not to aggravate my skin.

Dr Organic has a face scrub in 3 of its ranges - Manuka Honey, Rose Otto and Virgin Olive Oil.  I opted for Manuka Honey because it is known for its excellent healing properties. So the packaging blurb says A bioactive deep cleansing exfoliant with natural skin restoring and nourishing properties. Bioactive Organic Manuka Honey has a host of skin repairing a restoring properties. In combination with a complex blend of bioactive, natural and organic ingredients and formulated using natural micro particles of volcanic lava, corn cob powder and ground fruit seed, we have produced an exceptionally deep cleansing, repairing exfoliant that removes impurities and excess oil whilst restoring, nourishing and moisturising the skin to give a radiant youthful glow.”


This scrub has a very strong smell of honey which I like but I can see that it might not suit every sense of smell.  The product has a cream consistency.  The grains are very fine but still have enough abrasion to do the job.  After using this product my skin is soft, glowing and does not feel tight or dry.  I do not have to apply my moisturiser immediately after I have scrubbed.

The entire range has a really good price point.  I purchased this scrub for £5.99 (125ml) there was a slight variation in price between this one and the Rose Otto and Olive Oil but only by a few pennies.  Overall I am very impressed.  I am definitely going to be purchasing this product again and will be taking a look at the other skin care products by Dr Organic. 

Has anyone else tried Dr Organic?  I would love to hear what you think.


Instagram

Sugarpuffish. Theme by STS.