Review: Pure Thoughts Natural Face Mask (DISCONTINUED)

Pure Thoughts Natural Handmade Soap Bars
UPDATE 2020: the face mask mentioned in this review has been discontinued but Pure Thoughts are still trading, the new product range includes soap, bath & body and candles 

I love products from Pure Thoughts and they make lovely gifts so at Christmas I stocked up on goodies to give to my Best Friend. I had forgotten that I had also ordered a little something for myself and re-discovered it at the weekend. 

Pure Thoughts are now offering 'Try Me' sizes for some of their products. I bought myself a ‘Try Me’ Banana & Yellow Clay face mask. Face masks are not something I use on a regular basis, in fact I think until recently, it has been a number of years since I invested in one. 

Saturday night I decided to pamper myself as the snow was falling out side it seemed like the perfect opportunity for a pick me up. The sachet contains enough face mask for one application. It is a powder which you mix with a small amount of water (I used warm water from the tap). I found the best way to mix the mask was to empty the sachet into a bowl and add one teaspoon at a time, mixing in between, until I achieved the consistency I desired. Then I applied to my face and let it do its magic. 

The instructions do not advise a time frame to leave on skin, it simply says to remove when dry. For me I would guess this took around 10 minutes. The mask smelt neutral, I did not smell like a giant banana, that might be disappointing for some but I was not upset. As the mask dries you feel your skin tightening. According to my Boyfriend it made me look like a wax work at Madame Tussauds. One look in the mirror and I looked amazing. Only joking but it was funny, the mask almost matched my skin tone so I looked airbrushed and wrinkle free.  I found the easiest way to remove the product was with a damp muslin cloth. It came off easily and I did not need to scrub at my face. 

The Banana & Yellow Clay mask is said to “Nourish neglected skin to leave it feeling bright and revitalised”. It certainly did that for me. My skin looked wonderful, that dull winter greyness had been replaced by a glowing pink complexion. My skin felt soft and smooth. I had recently, tried a different brand of clay mask and had an allergic reaction. This on the other hand was gentle and my pink complexion was down to circulation rather than irritation. 

Overall, I highly recommend this treat and Pure Thoughts products never disappoint. There are a variety of  masks  on offer for different skin needs. Choose from Strawberry & Pink Clay, Apricot & Yoghurt, Cranberry & Raspberry, Pineapple & Mango, Yoghurt & Green Clay, Mango & Peach. The best thing about these masks is Pure Thoughts products are free from SLS, parabens, petrochemicals, artificial fragrance & colours and preservatives. 

Sarah x

Instagram

Sugarpuffish. Theme by STS.