Review Salcura DermaSpray (Gentle)

Salcura Gentle DermaSpray

Last year I reviewed free samples from Salcura - review link. If you are not familiar with the brand they offer natural products for skin problems such as eczema, acne and psoriasis. I thought I would re-visit the brand and explain why I like it. Out of the samples it was the Gentle DermaSpray that impressed me the most and I have re-purchase the full size twice. I prefer the Gentle spray over the Intensive because the fragrance is easier on my nose. I found the Intensive version overpowering and not to my liking.

DermaSpray is a natural product and free from steroids, hormones, cortisones, peroxides, alcohol, parabens, sls and anti-biotic. Salcura do not test on animals, products are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and are organic where possible.  The ingredients for the Gentle spray are - Water (Aqua), Vitamin and Mineral Solution, Dead Sea Minerals (Maris Sal), Vegetable Glycerine, Sea Buckthorn Oil (Hippophaes Rhamnoides), Manuka Oil (Leptospermum Scoparium), Australian Sandalwood Oil (Santalum Spicatum), Swamp Paperbark Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Ericafolia), Lemon Tea Tree Oil (Leptospermum Petersonii), Sunflower Oil (Helianthus Annus), Lavender Oil (Lavendula Augustifolia), Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum Vulgare), Aloe Vera Oil (Aloe Barbadensis), Calendula Oil (Calendula Officinalis), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus Officinalis) 

Salcura does not make my eczema disappear but it helps me to manage my symptoms.  I find it relieves itching almost instantly and keeps it at bay for several hours. The spray is ideal for the summer as it is refreshing especially if chilled in the fridge. Treating eczema with a product in a spray form is ideal if touching your skin causes pain or possible infection. A little while ago I was having a terrible time with an eczema patch on my chest. DermaSpray got me through the worst stages when other products were not working for me. Currently I am using the product less frequently but would not be without it in my cupboard. 

I have recommended Salcura to a couple of people including Nadia from Eczema Skin Remedies. Nadia tweeted that she had been using the Salcura Zeoderm Skin Repair Moisturiser but had notice it contained Urea. This is an ingredient I had not spotted when I originally discovered these products. Urea is commonly used in eczema skin care but I choose to avoid it. For those of you who do not know Urea is a chemical compound found in urine, although it is also made artificially. The synthetic version of the compound is created from ammonia and carbon dioxide and can be produced as a liquid or a solid. I do not know what type of Urea is in Salcura. 

Imidazolidinyl Urea/Diazolidinyl Urea: Formaldehyde-forming preservative which can cause joint pain, allergies, depression, headaches, chest pain, chronic fatigue, dizziness, insomnia and asthma. Can also weaken the immune system and even cause cancer. www.thenaturalskincarecompany.co.uk

Diazolidinyl Urea: Established as a primary cause of contact dermatitis (American Academy of Dermatology). www.imperfectlynatural.com

Salcura’s range includes shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, bath oil, body lotion, face cream and hand cream. I flicked through the ingredients listed online and as far as I can see the Zeoderm Skin Repair Moisturiser is the only product containing Urea. I do highly recommend the DermaSpray. You can be your own judge when it comes to urea in the moisturiser. Click here to link to Salcura website alternatively you can purchase from feelunique.com

Sarah x

Instagram

Sugarpuffish. Theme by STS.